Here is why Blogger is a popular choice.
- No hosting worries – hosted with Google.
- A good range of templates to choose from
- A nice and easy wysiwyg editor
- Easy to add widgets
Blogger is used as a blogging platform by individuals and business bloggers. Unfortunately each of the above attractive plus-sides has a ‘dark-side’ and many businesses who use blogger are letting themselves down in these key respects.
- Domain Name: Using the default blogger domain doesn’t add to your brand. Using your own domain, rather than a ‘free’ blogger domain also looks much more professional and may not even be recognisable as a blogger blog. Consider using your own domain (like blog.yourdomain.com). Ask us about this if you want to know how this works
- Appearance: Using an off the shelf template is fine as a starting point, however simply lumping your logo at the top in not sufficient for a professional look. Consider customising the template to match your main site or having a framework built specifically.
- Wysiwyg freedom: Not everybody is able to spot what looks good – and the power of a wysiwyg can unleash the worst in ‘would be typesetters’ – You know who you are if you’ve ever messed about with font colour or size in the middle of a sentence.
- Widgets: It is easy to be tempted to get ‘widget-happy’ and add way too many widgets. Additionally many (off the shelf) widgets clash with each other visually, again these should be tweaked for a consistent look.
If you would like bespoke customisations to your blogger template, assistance setting it up on your own domain or would like to move your blog and all its content to another system like WordPress; please drop us a line.